Tuesday, July 09, 2024

CTS Quartz Turbo Taper 686 (fiberglass) 6 weight

 

Quite a bit of my quiver for the salt have been fast tapers. Thomas & Thomas HS, G.Loomis IMX and NRX+. I actually started with a moderately fast rod that a friend made for me, Mark Steffen. This was before he started making fiberglass rods. Another rod builder friend of mine convinced me to try a CTS Quartz Turbo Taper. He said that he has made a “whole bunch” of them and that everyone loved theirs.

I love long rods where I can take advantage of their attributes however, I don’t need a long rod for short, quick casts that corbina fishing is typical of. Being ready now and able to get a cast back into the surf is paramount and I want to work on my close end game.

The Quartz TT has a nice moderate action for fiberglass that I really enjoy. I can feel the rod loading deeper and the feel of the line seems more sensitive in comparison to my graphite sticks.

I’m still very new to this rod but am looking forward to spending a lot more time bending it.